Camping in or near the wilderness can be a fun and relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle of metropolitan life. Outdoor enthusiasts choose to bring along a pop-up camper to have a few home comforts accessible while out camping. Pop-up campers come in many different styles and designs, depending on the manufacturer. Over time, screens may need replacement on your camper. Replacing the screen is generally a universal process.
1. Remove the rubber gasket from around the old screen. On some models, these simply pull out from around the window perimeter. Other models may require a slotted screwdriver to pry off the gasket.
2. Pull off the screen mesh. Cut a new piece of screen mesh to match the old piece. You can use the old mesh as a stencil to cut your new screen.
3. Position the new screen mesh over the window. Have a friend help to hold the screen taut. Press the rubber gasket into its groove over the mesh until the entire perimeter is sealed.
- Note that on some models, the entire screen may be removed, but new screens must be ordered from your camper's manufacturer. Consult your owner's manual for specifics on screen removal and replacement.
- Screen gasket rollers can be used to fit the gasket into the perimeter groove much faster than using a screwdriver or your fingers.
- Ensure that the screen is sealed appropriately. Improperly sealed screens will allow bugs and other varmints to enter your camper.