It's always nice to have something on your RV that others envy. Personal and one-of-a-kind lighting for your RV awning can easily be one of those things. Some people hang patio lights from their awnings, while others hang rope lighting. Some people put tap lights in their storage unit so they don't have to do any wiring or replace batteries. Another unique option for lighting is to make your own lights out of lawn ornaments.
1. Buy your favorite lawn ornament at a hardware or department store. At the same time, purchase a solar light that looks the appropriate size for the lawn ornament.
2. Drill a hole in the lawn ornament that is the same size as the shaft of the solar light.
3. Apply caulk around the hole.
4. Place the light shaft into the hole. To prevent leaks, be sure the caulk seals.
5. Place the light where you would like it on or around your RV awning. Repeat the process for more lights.
Items you will need
- Lawn ornament of choice
- Solar light
- Drill bit
- Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images