Snakes have a well-deserved reputation for their escape artist abilities. The ability to easily maneuver in and out of tight spaces makes snakes very good at entering or exiting a space. Snakes are cold-blooded and unable to self-regulate body temperatures and seek out warmth in cool climates. During cool weather, snakes are less active. Campers can make inviting destinations for snakes to take shelter and find food. Many practical ways exist to keep snakes out of campers.
1. Park your camper in an area without snakes. Avoid snake-prone areas including forests and deserts on camping trips.
2. Avoid bringing snakes into the camper. Observe snakes outside the camper. Keep rodents out of your camper.
3. Take vacations during cold weather. Avoid camping during summer when possible. Avoid warm areas.
4. Keep all windows and doors closed or screened. Repair any structural deficiencies in camper.
Items you will need
- Thomas Northcut/Lifesize/Getty Images