German Lugers are among the most sought-after pistols in gun collecting. Whether purchasing or selling, knowing the value of the firearm is crucial. Determining the value of a German Luger can be done by accessing a few readily available resources.
1. Check online. Several websites online list the names, serial numbers, production histories and approximate market values of German Luger pistols.
2. Consult your local gun shop or antique firearms dealer. Professionals in retail or antique gun sales can offer advice on the market value of a German Luger. Antique firearm appraisers will make an official appraisal of a German Luger for a fee.
3. Check the Blue Book publication for firearms. This publication is the standard for pricing firearms and will offer a general guideline for the value of a German Luger.
4. Check your local library. Many books have been written on antique firearms and their value. Book references can also help date and identify the specific model of a German Luger.
Items you will need
- Internet access
- Blue Book for Firearms
- Comstock/Comstock/Getty Images