Airsoft guns that use a spring and batteries cock the firing mechanism after each shot has been fired. You can change a spring-powered airsoft gun from a single-shot weapon into an automatic that will let you fire many times more quickly by disabling the slide mechanism so that the gun continually loads and fires. You need a hardware tool and less than a half-hour of your time. Your spring-powered airsoft gun will now become an automatic that can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.
1. Pull out the magazine holding the projectiles the airsoft gun fires from the compartment inside of the bottom of the handle, using your fingers.
2. Place an old pillow by itself against a wall. Cock the firing mechanism of the airsoft gun. Aim the airsoft gun at the pillow. Press the trigger to make sure there are no projectiles still in the airsoft gun.
3. Shake the barrel of the airsoft gun to dislodge any projectiles from it.
4. Hold the airsoft gun in your left hand (or your right hand, if you are a lefty). Locate the small gap at the back of the top of the airsoft gun that is just in front of the hammer--the hammer is at the very end at the back of the airsoft gun.
5. Insert the tip of a flat-edge screwdriver into the gap using your right hand. (Use your left hand if you are left-handed.)
6. Wiggle the tip of the flat-edge screwdriver back and forth to force the gap open. Stop wiggling the tip of the flat-edged screwdriver when the gap looks to be about an inch wide.
7. Reinsert the magazine into the bottom of the airsoft gun all the way until it stops. Aim the airsoft gun at the pillow. Press and hold down on the trigger to fire off your newly automatic airsoft gun.
Items you will need
- Flat-edge screwdriver
- Old pillow
- Get a spare airsoft gun that is identical to the one you are going to use in case you make a mistake and destroy the gun during the modification.
- Adult supervision is necessary if a child is making the airsoft gun into an automatic.
- An airsoft gun must never be aimed at a person as it can hurt the person.
- Do not squeeze the sides of the airsoft gun near the hammer--this will lessen the gap and force the airsoft gun back to being a semi-automatic.
- replica airsoft image by MelenaVerde from Fotolia.com