The PF-9 is a semi-automatic, 9 millimeter pistol manufactured by Kel-Tec. Disassembling a Kel Tec PF-9 is known as field stripping. Field stripping the handgun is a necessary step for cleaning or maintenance. The main components of the PF-9 are the barrel, slide, frame, firing mechanism, grip, and magazine.
1. Press the magazine release button located on the grip behind the trigger. Remove the magazine.
2. Pull the slide back to clear the chamber. If there is a bullet in the chamber, it will fall out. Allow the slide to go back into place.
3. Pull the slide back. Lock it into place by pressing the slide lock stop button on the side of the barrel above the trigger.
4. Push the tip of a flat blade screwdriver into the assembly pin groove, located about halfway down the barrel. Pull the assembly pin out.
5. Pull the slide toward the tip of the barrel to remove it.
6. Grasp the recoil spring in the slide on both ends, applying slight pressure to retract it. Pull up to remove the spring from the slide.
7. Remove the barrel from the slide by lifting it straight up.
Items you will need
- Flat blade screwdriver
- Always practice firearms safety. Be sure the firearm is unloaded before working on it.
- "The PF-9 Pistol Safety, Instruction and Parts Manual"; Kel-Tec CNC Industries Inc.
- .40 caliber handgun image by John Steel from Fotolia.com