Zebco is widely recognized for the range of quality spin cast reels they produce. The 202 line of reels, for example, is part of the company's Standard reel lineup. Featuring stainless steel pickup pins, adjustable drags, durable plastic housings and hook keepers, the 202 reel is capable of holding up to 75 yards of 10 pound test monofilament line. Changing worn or old line is part of the routine maintenance involved with any reel and can be accomplished by most anglers on the Zebco 202.
1. Locate the large black spool release button on the back of the reel. Press the button to release the line pickup and allow the fishing line to spool freely from the reel.
2. Pull any old line from the spool of the reel. Open the front spool cover by turning it slightly and remove by pulling straight off the reel.
3. Cut the line free from the spool with scissors and pull the line through the hole, or line guide, in the center of the front spool cover.
4. Thread new 10 pound test monofilament line through the line guide hole in the spool cover. Pull the new monofilament line around the spool of the reel. Attach the new line to the spool with an Arbor knot. Moisten the knot before pulling tight and trim excess line from the knot with scissors.
5. Place the front cover back on the spool securely. Hold the line a few inches in front of the reel and apply slight tension.
6. Turn the handle of the reel to begin winding line onto the spool. As a rule of thumb, fill the Zebco 202 reel with 75 yards of 10 pound test monofilament fishing line.
Items you will need
- Zebco 202 spin cast reel
- Monofilament fishing line