Carp are attracted to sweet, crunchy baits, and sweet cereals fit the bill nicely. This tutorial assumes you're using Kellogg's Corn Pops, but any similar brand of corn puffs will do. The Corn Pops don't need a lot of prep, just a little additional flavoring and some extra baking time to ensure they don't disintegrate off the hook as soon as they're in the water.
1. Fill a large plastic bowl three-fourths full of Corn Pops.
2. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons vanilla extract over the Corn Pops in the bowl.
3. Place the lid on the bowl and shake it for two to three minutes, so that the vanilla flavoring covers the cereal evenly.
4. Remove the lid from the bowl and spread the Corn Pops evenly on a baking sheet.
5. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
6. Allow the Corn Pops to cool for about five minutes. Once the cereal has cooled, pour it back into the bowl and replace the lid.
7. When you are ready to fish, place two Corn Pops on your hook and get ready to catch some carp.
Items you will need
- Bowl with a lid
- 1 box Corn Pops
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Baking sheet