The Daisy air gun was first invented by a windmill company as a promotional incentive in 1886. The style has evolved over the years, and there are some markings on your gun that will help determine its age. In addition, the Daisy Company can help you determine the age of your air gun.
1. Check the barrel of the BB gun for any stamped markings. The Daisy Company began registering guns in 1952.
2. Look to see if your gun is stamped with either location of "Plymouth" or "Rogers." The Daisy Company moved from Plymouth, Michigan to Rogers, Arkansas in 1958.
3. Determine whether the barrel is made of wood or plastic, and whether it is painted, blued, or plated.
4. Print and fill out the form on the Daisy site (see Resources) and send to the Daisy Museum.
Items you will need
- Daisy BB gun
- cub scouts shooting bb guns image by pixelcarpenter from Fotolia.com